The Skilled Worker Rule Three Years Later
The 2017 Skilled Worker Rule codified many of the AC21 practices and guidance and addressed multiple related issues, including employment authorization, grace periods for nonimmigrant visa holders who lost employment, cap exemptions, and more. In many, but not all, respects, the rule was a parting gift for U.S. employers and the skilled foreign nationals working for them. The experts on this intermediate panel will examine the rule and its application, with emphasis on the new aspects it added or changed.
- NIV Grace Periods: Who and How
- Enhancements of H-1B Portability: Successive Petitions
- Employment Authorization Document Issues: Processing Times, Automatic Extensions, Special Cases
- Cap Exemption: Relaxing the Criteria for Affiliation
- INA §204(j) Portability
- Leveraging This Rule in an Era of Layoffs and Furloughs