Continuing Legal Education Credits at the Conference*
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit has been sought for the 2020 AILA Virtual Annual Conference on Immigration Law in all jurisdictions that have mandatory CLE and legal specialization requirements. Participants seeking CLE credit for the LIVE event will be required to submit their attendance via webCLE by Sunday, August 2, 2020, at ailawebcle.org. Attorneys are awarded credit based upon the number of session hours they attend at the conference. Attorneys are responsible for accurately tracking and recording the sessions they attend and the relevant CLE codes for CLE reporting.
Eligible participants can receive up to 30 total credits (including up to 5.0 ethics credits) in 50-minute jurisdictions, and up to 25 total credits (including up to 5.0 ethics credits) in 60-minute jurisdictions.*
* Please note that estimated CLE credit hours are for live attendance only. The amount of CLE credit hours awarded for OnDemand participation will differ depending upon state jurisdictions.
Can I receive CLE credits for attending this conference?
CLE credit has been sought in all states with mandatory CLE and specialization requirements. Attorneys must attend a session in its entirety and record the session attended via webCLE (www.ailawebcle.org) to receive credit. Specific instructions for how to receive credit have been included in your conference materials. Please keep track of each CLE session you attend, including the attendance code announced at the end of each session, using the Day-At-A-Glance.
What are the three types of CLE sessions and how do they differ?
There are three different types of CLE eligible sessions available for the Annual Conference.
- Live Sessions – July 20-23, 2020: These are the sessions that occur live. You must attend live to record and receive these credits. Participants seeking CLE credit for the live event will be required to submit their attendance via webCLE by Sunday, August 2, 2020, at ailawebcle.org.
- Annual Conference Recordings – You may also listen to the recordings of any live sessions you missed after the conference. You earn OnDemand credits when you watch these sessions after they have occurred live. You may only receive credit once for attending a session, either live or OnDemand. Your jurisdiction may limit the number of OnDemand credits you may receive.
- OnDemand Prerecorded Sessions – 2020 AILA Summer CLE Bonus Bundle: This is a special CLE bonus pack that comes with the Annual Conference. These prerecorded sessions from the June event program are available now. You can earn CLE credit by listening to these recordings before, after, or during the conference. However, your jurisdiction may limit the total number of OnDemand credit you can receive.
How do I track my credits?
You can earn CLE credit for both the sessions you attend live during the conference from July 20-23, as well as the recordings that you listen to after the conference. As jurisdictions differentiate these types of credits, please use the following CLE trackers to conveniently track your attendance and CLE codes:
What is the deadline to report my CLE attendance?
- The deadline for reporting attendance for live sessions is Sunday, August 2, 2020.
- You have a year from the conference to listen to both the recordings of live sessions and the Summer Bonus Bundle. The deadline for reporting credit for Annual Conference recordings and the OnDemand Prerecorded sessions is July 19, 2021.
- Attorneys failing to report attendance on webCLE by the deadline will be charged administrative and state-issued late fees.
How many CLE credits will I receive for the live event? What if I listen to recordings?
- Participants at the 2020 AILA Virtual Annual Conference can receive up to 30 total credits (including up to 5 ethics credits) in 50-minute jurisdictions, and up to 25 total credits (including up to 5 ethics credits) in 60-minute jurisdictions, depending on the jurisdiction for the live event. CLE credit is not available for the Keynote.
- OnDemand CLE credit may be earned by listening to the recordings of live sessions after the conference. Note your jurisdiction may limit the number of OnDemand credits you may earn. OnDemand credit may not be claimed for a session for which you have already reported live attendance.
- Additional CLE credit is also available for the OnDemand prerecorded sessions which are part of the 2020 AILA Summer CLE Bonus Bundle.
How do I know what LIVE sessions were approved in the state I am licensed in and which qualify for ethics and other specialized credits?
State specific CLE approval sheets can be found here. State sheets continue to be updated as approvals from states are received.
How do I get credit once I have attended the LIVE sessions?
How do I get credit for listening to the OnDemand prerecorded sessions?
The OnDemand sessions are part of the 2020 AILA Summer CLE Bonus Bundle. View the instructions for more information on how to report your bonus CLE credits. To report your on-demand attendance, visit webCLE then click “MyEvents”> “OnDemand Conference”> “2020 AILA Summer CLE Bonus Bundle.”
How do I know how many credits I need to fulfill my state’s requirements?
To see your state CLE requirements please visit AILA’s CLE center. *Rules are subject to change. Please verify with your jurisdiction.
Have there been any CLE changes due to COVID-19?
Many states have made temporary changes to their CLE requirements. AILA has compiled a table of COVID-19 CLE changes.
How can I ask questions or get help with reporting my CLE credits?
You can email email@example.com to receive assistance with webCLE or to ask CLE questions.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|