Essential Immigration Terms and Concepts
Panelists on this fundamentals session will provide an overview of the general concepts, terms, language, and rules that are essential to the practice of immigration law.
- Nonimmigrant vs. Immigrant, Visa vs. Status, Visa Waiver vs. Visa Exempt
- Differences Between Visa Expiration, Petition Expiration Date, and Period of Admission
- Changing or Extending Status, Violations of Status, Overstays, Unlawful Presence
- Adjustment of Status vs. Consular Processing, Permanent Residence vs. Citizenship
- Definitions: Petition, Beneficiary, Applicant, Respondent