Essential Immigration Terms and Concepts
You must log in to register
- Registered public - Free!
- Member - Free!
- Student - Free!
- Government - Free!
- International Associate - Free!
- Member's Paralegal - Free!
- Government Employee - Free!
- Law Student - Free!
- Non-Member Attorney - Free!
- Non-Profit Non-AILA Member - Free!
- Other Non-Member - Free!
Panelists on this fundamentals session will provide an overview of the general concepts, terms, language, and rules that are essential to the practice of immigration law.
- Nonimmigrant vs. Immigrant, Visa vs. Status, Visa Waiver vs. Visa Exempt
- Differences Between Visa Expiration, Petition Expiration Date, and Period of Admission
- Changing or Extending Status, Violations of Status, Overstays, Unlawful Presence
- Adjustment of Status vs. Consular Processing, Permanent Residence vs. Citizenship
- Definitions: Petition, Beneficiary, Applicant, Respondent