Recordings of Previous Video Roundtables
In general, AILA University's video roundtables are live sessions only, to allow frank discussion among members. However, for certain sessions we do create a recording. On this page, AILA members, member paralegals, and law student members can access those recordings for free.
Fearless Lawyering Roundtable Recordings
You may access all of the recordings for the live video roundtables in the Immigration Justice Campaign's Fearless Lawyering series via the button below.
Pandemic-Proof Your Immigration Practice: COVID-19 & What You Need to Know
Multiple Sessions March, 2020
- What Is AILA National Doing to Prepare?
- Office Preparation: Setting Up Remote Working Systems
- Employment Considerations: Common Workplace Issues that Can Arise with COVID-19
- Client and Staff Communications
Public Charge Updates: Hot Topics from the USCIS HQ Committee
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Kevin W. Miner, Atlanta, GA
Tracie L. Klinke, Marietta, GA
Jeremy A. Weber, Sydney, Australia
- Planning Out Family-Based Permanent Residency Cases in the New Public Charge
- How to Implement the DHS Public Charge Rule in Your Office
- USCIS Adjudication of Adjustment of Status Cases, Nonimmigrant Extensions/Changes of Status, and More
- Discussion: Early Experiences with the New Public Charge Rule
Restructuring Your H-1B Cap System
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Bennett Savitz, Boston,MA
Suzanne Seltzer, New York, NY
Robin O'Donoghue, Cambridge, MA
- H-1B Registration Tricks & Tips
- Pre-Lottery Preparation
- Post-Lottery Preparation
Implicit Bias: Science and Implications
Wednesday, March 10, 2020
- The Science Behind "Implicit Bias"
- How Implicit Bias Causes Discrimination
- What Can('t) Be Done About Implicit Bias
- General Principles for Minimizing the Impact of Implicit Bias
- Discussion of Application for Law
Ask AILA’s DOL Committee: Top 10 PERM Tips
Wednesday, November 20
Sarah Peterson, Minneapolis, MN
Vincent Lau, Boston, MA
Bob White, Chicago, IL
- Top 10 PERM Tips for Members New to the Permanent Labor Certification Process
- Q&A Opportunity for Participants to Gain Insight from AILA's DOL Committee
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
2020 AILA Virtual Asylum Conference
Panelists will offer expert guidance and provide essential tools for practitioners to use as they continue to navigate the ruins of the U.S. asylum system.
Maintenance of Status: What You Need to Know in the Current Climate
October 15, 2020
Our panel of experts will discuss how to advise clients about maintaining legal status during these uncertain times, especially for those impacted by layoffs. They also will offer tips and strategies for providing effective counsel to nonimmigrant (NIV) and intending immigrant clients that fall out of status.