Emergency Roundtable: Resources for Assisting Afghans (Tuesday 8/17 Roundtable Recording)
Please join this late-breaking round table to discuss with fellow AILA members strategy and resources available to help individuals who are trying to leave Afghanistan and for those who are being evacuated.
AILA University Video Roundtables are free learning opportunities for AILA members provided via a weekly schedule of live video programming for members to come together from across the country and world to discuss hot topics and network with colleagues in the field. Video Roundtables are part of AILA University programming and each session is hosted by faculty selected for their expertise.
- Parastoo Golesorkhi Zahedi, AILA Board of Governors, Vienna, VA
- Mahsa Khanbabai, AILA Board of Governors/DOS Liaison Committee/CBP Liaison Committee, Easton, MA
- Margaret Deborah Stock, AILA Author, Immigration Law & the Military, 2nd Ed., Anchorage, AK
- Jill Marie Bussey, Director of Public Policy, Lutheran Immigrant and Refugee Services, Baltimore, MD
- Spojmie Ahmady Nasiri, Pleasanton, CA
- Dan Berger, Northampton, MA
- Betsy Fisher, Director of Strategy at International Refugee Assistance Project, Minneapolis, MN
THIS SESSION WILL BE RECORDED. The recording will be made available at this link as soon as possible.
The speakers' views do not necessarily represent the views of AILA, nor do they constitute legal advice or representation. Practice tips provided in the written materials are based on the speakers' experiences and current state of the law. Please be sure to conduct legal research and analysis for your unique situation as the law changes quickly and the speakers' experiences may differ from your own.